15 January 2008

What do pepperoni and the web have in common?

I bought hormel pepperoni a while back to make personal pizzas with english muffins for lunch at work. Within two weeks the pepperoni was molding. I was ticked as I'd bought it to help reduce the price of my lunches and now I was throwing away a product that I couldn't use. I even checked the seal and it had been closed. So, why did it go bad when the date on it was mid march?

Today when I was in the grocery store, I approached the lady at the meat counter about. After a brief conversation, she suggested that I contact them via their website or 800 number. Having nothing to lose, I did just that. Yup, I went on the website and found the contact page and sent them an email about it. I buy several of their products and never have a problem before this. Do you think they will reply? Do companies really have good customer service any more?

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I've had luck writing to companies asking about products - I hope they get back to you!

Jody said...

I saw that they got back to you...

Crayola has great customer service. I had a problem with one of their products a few months ago. I sent an email and they called me, sent coupons (which were almost double the cost of the original item) and banners to color. Recently I posted a review of one of their items on the travel blog. I sent it to them and- they called, are sending banners to color and more coupons. Crayola rocks!

Ashley said...

I would be ticked too!!