Jerelyn, you had a wonderful idea and I've even considered that. However, I laugh at the idea for several reasons:
1. Its easier to gripe about it
2. Its more fun, and somewhat entertaining to discover it each time
3. Who in the world has time to remove the button and sew it back on...
4. Bethany requires lots of attention
5. Scott wants me to read him a million books each night - actually only 2-3 books but we repeat them lots of times each night.
6. My maid has been on vacation since I got married
7. I have a stack of things to be mended which I've not got to... the most recent is the pants I got from NY&Company that are too long.
I know sweet friend that your life is busy as well and that you have ~20 kids. However, your kids go home after your work day whereas my work day ends and then I start my second job - the parent/wife/maid one.