Maybe I haven't shared much about what my plans are for the June trip. I have a lot planned and am hoping to get it all done but I know it's a lot. My three main things are:
1. Check in on my widows I've trained in the past, provide some additional training.
2. Set up a drip irrigation system and water collection basin by installing gutters on the metal roofs of the orphanage and school buildings.
3. Check in on a site donated for widows to grow coffee trees. It's the best coffee growing area. This one I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet because I know NOTHING about growing coffee trees.
The other things I hope to do include:
1. Meet with the local ag specialists and get my ladies into a formal training program.
2. Identify some leaders of my existing ladies who will train others in the community.
3. Learn more from locals about their existing bee keeping practices.
And of course, I'll love on the kids, chase them around and play soccer pretending to be much younger than I am. I'll drink some STRONG coffee, and listen to traditional singing before they drag me into the circle to dance with them. I'll hang out with the doc while she checks kids over and follow Ryan around while he checks on the livestock. It will be exhausting but worth every ounce of energy and every penny.