28 March 2011

Suh-weet

Okay, so I told you the other day about my back problem. Well, I spent 3 full days laying down with potty breaks and about 5 minutes at the dining room table with my family. For someone who doesn't normally sit still for 3 minutes, 3 days was a long time. When this happened, I began begging God for complete healing. Because I believe that God divinely connected to FOVC and a June trip, I was sure that He wanted me to go. So, my begging began and I have no idea if God would heal my back today or the day before I leave for Ethiopia. This morning I woke up, showered and headed to work. After re-arranging my corner office to make use of my dust collecting, stand up work station, I began working. I stood all day today, careful not to pick things up or bend or twist funny. And you know what, my pain was manageable with my meds. Suh-weet. In addition to that, my favorite farmers let me know they were making supper for my family. Amen to that! Ryan, with his sprained ankle, could only do so much to keep the house running. So, a meal from friends was greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hope that my body gets a little more used to my pain meds - I think the muscle relaxer also relaxes my brain. And one of the drugs makes me hungry and I don't need the extra calories. Enough from me, I'm off to begin reading "there's no me without you" by Melissa Fay Greene. Thanks Maria for letting me borrow your book!

No comments: