12 March 2011

Distracted, in a good way

Lately, I've been distracted by the upcoming trip to Ethiopia. I've had little time to do anything else (like dishes, laundry, etc). As I work to fundraise and prepare for my role in Ethiopia, it's easy for me to get caught up in that. After all, it's only ~11 weeks (yes, I've been saying 10 but had counted wrong I guess) until we leave. If you want to read more about our trip and where we are financially, check out my Journey 4 Hope blog.

Last night, we went to a Fish Fry in a nearby town. We went with my folks and met my favorite famers, my boss and family and a few other friends there. It was fun. I was even a little spoiled by one of the fire-fighters who hooked me up with a Pepsi when I jokingly asked for one. It was a joy to support the guys, and the fire department, who came woke from their sleep to put out the fire at our house last fall.

Today, I made time to read my Girls Gone Wise book that Michelle gave me. Scott and I went to town and trimmed Harley's hair around his feet and bathed him. Scott was a great help rinsing Harley. After a quick stop at the store, Scott and I stopped at B&K's. They have the litter-mate to our puppy. It tooks the dogs a while but they finally began playing together and having fun. It was so much fun to watch! Feeling a little lazy, I came home, showered and found a comfy spot on the couch. Some friends stopped by for a while before Ryan made a wonderful Mexican meal of Arroz con Pollo and Sopapillas. Yummy! Thanks Ryan for fixing me foods from my past. It's been years since I've had either of those!

The kids are watching a movie account of Moses. Bed time routine is just around the corner!!!

No comments: