22 March 2011

Parent Teacher Conference

We had parent/teacher conferences for Scott tonight. Scott is doing well in all academic areas. I'm thankful for that. I'm trying, through words and example, to develop his character. That's not so easy.

This morning I heard a story from him in regards to me saying "yep". What he told me was that when they asked a certain little boy if he eats his own poop, the boy replies with "yep". Now, I understand that boys will be boys and say crazy things like that. But, the boy they've questioned is autistc or something along those lines and the poor kid probably doesn't know what he's saying. While it's popular to say the funny things the other boys are saying, I want my son to stand up for those children who need a voice. How do you teach that?

No comments: