06 April 2011

Healing

So yesterday my friend Michelle sent me such encouragement. I wanted to share the verse with you: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself. Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. So because of Christ, i am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong. I have been pleading with the Lord for healing of my back. And Monday when I went to the Physical Therapist and she asked me 40 questions, I had a really hard time describing my pain level and problem. That might have been because I've been so well medicated since I hurt it. And it might have been because I've seriously done NOTHING in my house for almost 2 weeks except lay on the couch. But, I think there's a huge something else going on. I feel like God has healed my back. Not completely but certainly I've had so much improvement it can't be explained when you compare to last year. I'm still choosing to stand at work and lay at home. But it doesn't seem as tight. I worked outside with my boss yesterday and that was hard on my back. I have sore feet and shoulders this morning but my back isn't miserable and I didn't take a pain reliever last night. I don't think I'm out of the woods yet but I'm so, so thankful for being miles ahead of where I was last time I did this. In my weakness, I know that I can do PT exercises but I know that ultimately I come before the Great Phsycian and He can make me strong. Halelujah! Now off to do some exercises and get my day started...

No comments: