12 March 2009

The mind of a 3 year old

A few days ago Scott saw a picture similar to this on my mom's computer screen. He of course was quite curious about my massive belly and began to ask questions about it. Mom informed him that the picture was taken when I was pregnant with him, that he was in my belly. Scott pondered this information and followed with another question:

Grammy, how did I get in there? Did she eat me?

I love the simplicity of his ever growing little mind. He continued to ask my mom if he'd go back in my belly, if I'd eat him again even though mom told him that I didn't eat him. That night as mom shared the story with me, his little mind was thinking through it all over again. I couldn't help but tell him I was hungry and proceed by chasing him around as I made chewing noises. He giggled and ran and giggled some more. Oh how I love my son!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can NOT believe that your tummy was ever that big. Holy cow.

jerelyn said...

LOL...so cute! That story made me smile and laugh. Thank you!

Ashley said...

Very funny story!!!