07 March 2009

Coffee

I drove 80 miles in the rain to have coffee with a friend.

It was worth it!

Because Ryan was at work, I took my kids. Two hours sitting in Starbucks sipping frappucinnos and chatting with Renessa, and the kids were great. Scott was excellent and Bethany only got a little ancy during the last half hour of our chat.

It was worth it!

The two trips to the bathroom with a little boy who was holding it in because he had to poop were frustrating. But the second time I promised him that we'd try to find him a LarryBoy toy if he pooped at Target. He did.

It was worth it!

Wandering down every single toy isle in Target with the kids afterwards was better than I expected. Scott only asked for one toy and when I reminded him that he was looking for LarryBoy, he was fine with not getting a toy at Target.

It was worth it!

Buying some clothes that weren't in the budget but were super cheap.

It was worth it!

Making a quick stop at the mall to see what else I didn't need gave the kids' and my legs a little exercise.

It was worth it!

Making one last stop at the Family Christian Store to find a cheap LarryBoy toy (also not in the budget) with two very tired kids.

It was worth it!

Stopping at DairyQueen to reward Scott with a baby cone for 59 cents.

It was worth it.

Three hours on the road. Two hours at a cofee shop with a dear friend. Expensive BK kids meals with cheap toys. New clothes for the kiddos. And a day out of the house when I should have been cleaning.

Totally worth it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great day! There totally has to be days like this, or else you'll go insane!

Ashley said...

Yay! So glad it was worth it!