28 January 2009

Uncle James

Thanks to everyone who has and will take time out of their day today to pray for my Uncle James. His surgery is at 10am our time. Please pray for the doctors, for my Uncle James and for his wife, my Aunt Janie.

Praise God that the last 6 months have been a blessing on their marriage, probably not something they'd experienced in their 30+ years of marriage so far.

Last night as I prayed with Scott, his precious little 3 year old mind couldn't understand why "cutting Uncle James open" would help fix his heart. My son specifically prayed saying "and God, please don't let the doctors cut him all up tomorrow". Friends, I'm thankful for the heart of my young son, praying the best he knows how. Please join me in praying that the doctors can fix this heart that's physically broken and that God can heal his spiritually broken heart!

Update on 2/4:
Uncle James is doing well. He had some complications with bleeding which scared the family but he went back into surgery and they got that fixed. He also struggled with some fluid on his lungs which affected his breathing rates and that kept him in ICU until later on Monday (his wife's birthday). He's in a normal room now and sounds like he's moving right along with the healing. Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

How did it go??