02 January 2009

Sorry Honey

Yesterday Ryan and I had one of those moments where we didn't agree at all. I wanted an apology for his dumb mistake and for him to acknowledge that he needed to pay more attention to the small details. He knew he made a dumb mistake and didn't need a reminder. Of course I reacted and even raised my voice quite a bit (maybe even to a yell which I don't think I've ever done to him before). We were both a little on edge at first and he went right downstairs to either let off steam or avoid me! By evening, we were just fine and made sure to discuss it again before we hit the sack. Sorry honey that I reacted. Would it be better for me to just tell you what I wanted?

3 comments:

Jody said...

We all have those days. I've gotten to the point where I just tell Doug flat out what I want and don't want. It's just better for us...

Your public apology is sweet. :)

Fantastagirl said...

I'm with Jody we all have those days. Unfortunately I'm stubborn enough that I think the Mr. should have magical powers and just "know" exactly what I want, and am thinking...someday I'll learn.

Until then, I'm lucky enough he sticks with me, and loves me no matter what, and I'm working on telling him, rather than yelling it at him.

Ashley said...

Communication is so hard. Funny, huh? You would think we would have it down by now!!