27 January 2009

Random Thoughts

  1. My in-laws bought us an Oral-B sonic care toothbrush for Christmas. It's awesome. Using a regular toothbrush, which I do daily at my office, feels like using an old sponge to get my teeth clean. So not good enough. I'm now a tooth brush snob!
  2. My email account is driving me bonkers. The little ads that pop up on the page are prohibited by my [work] server these past few days. This really slows down the process of "quickly" checking my email at the end of the day or during lunch.
  3. I have a lot on my mind, and my plate right now: Sweetheart Supper plans, a big service project that I'm beginning to plan with a friend, digging through adoption options (I started a blog about that process which I hope to share in the coming month), discipline/training our children, etc
  4. Why is it that all the "not so normal" budget items are going to bust our budget in February or get put on the back burner: eye doc appointment, new running shoes, Valentines Sweetheart Supper, my birthday [do you think Ryan will get me the puppy I've been wanting], propane bill, both kids needing new shoes, etc.
  5. I just don't understand why people, including our President, think that abortion is acceptable. That "fertilized egg" is a life! Just browse the net a little to find how quickly those babies develop. Saturday I will attend a baby shower for Elizabeth. She's about 8 months old now. She was born at 22 weeks gestation - at a time that she wouldn't be considered a life. My friends, she is a perfect, living, example of how God creates and grows babies.
  6. Oh how I would love to Go to a foreign missions field right now. Lots of news around me of people following God to those places. My friends are using the training that we learned to work with people in need to organic garden and compost so they can feed themselves. I'm hoping [and not yet acting much] on doing that with some locals who were directly affected by the May immigration raid. I also sit on the church missions committee and we're planning a missions conference and a summer trip to either Brazil or Mexico. I'm excited to go on that which then makes me want to go back to Mexicali where I spent numerous Easter Break's serving.
  7. what else...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Can't wait to read your blog on adoption!