16 January 2009

Update on weather

Friends, it was -38 this morning when I drove to mom's.  A little warmer than that on our little hill top, but as I got down into the valley, the temp read -38.  Fortunately, it was only -35 at mom's.  Whew, it was cold!  I seriously drove to work wearing my coveralls and never got too warm!
 
As I drove down the road, I thought to God, "God, if it gets to -40 I'm telling Ryan that we need to move."  And as quickly as I thought that and realized how quickly the temperature continued to drop while down in the valley, I thought again to God, "God, I better not say that or I'll have to keep my word, won't I.  Yes God, I'm not ready to be that stubborn!"


Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. Check it out.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is amazing, Tammi, that God can use even the most painful parts of our lives to bring glory to Himself and draw even small children to the Kingdom. Thanks for posting and keeping in touch!

One little girl, after I was finished speaking, came up to the front and just stood looking at that "famous" picture of Scott just off the jet-ski by the river. She is only 7 years old and she just stood there staring at him. Never said a word.

Ashley said...

I won't mention it was 72 here today...