15 January 2009

For my West Coast Friends

This morning I left the house and it was -23 degrees.  If it wasn't so darn cold, I would have taken a picture of the thermometer reading.  Not only was it -23 degrees but the wind was blowing so we had wind chills of -45 to -54. 
 
This morning it occurred to me why so many people asked me why in the world I would move from California to Iowa.  Believe, I've been asking myself that same question today :)



Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.

7 comments:

Amy said...

The high today is supposed to be 66! But it was foggy this morning, if that makes you feel any better. Yesterday the kids played out in the backyard for hours, barefoot! I will enjoy the sun for you today! Stay warm!

Fantastagirl said...

I'm sure the move had something to do with love...

Anonymous said...

I REALLY can't even imagine anything below 0. How does your snot not freeze in your nose???

Today's high is 81.

Me said...

Smirking because obviously I have the same weather but it's ironic that my Dad called me yesterday from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA and complained it was too HOT to go outside. It's been 85-90 degree's and they are complaining! LOL.

Wedehase Family Blog said...

Thanks for the reminder of why I really don't mind CA winters! I hope you stay warm and safe through the cold. Drive slow! :)

jerelyn said...

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR!!! No. Thank. You. :-)

Ashley said...

I hope you are surviving the frigid cold!! I bet you are thankful for your heater!!