28 January 2009

Faithfully

When I was in college, my poor mom got to deal with each heart ache I experienced with a guy. And not just any guy, I of course thought each one of them was something special. Mom was great and would give me a new book on relationships each time one of mine ended. I don't remember the exact relationship, but one time mom bought me the book When God Writes Your Love Story. And to be real honest, I don't remember the what the book was specifically about but I do recall that it touched my aching but hopeful heart. What I remember best was there was a cd in the back cover of the book with a song written by the authors of the book. I loved the song and listened to it numerous times. More recently (like the last year or two), I've heard the song on the radio. What a cool reminder of what I learned so long ago and a great time to reflect on what God has done in my life when I let him have control. This morning when I heard the Selah song mentioned in my last post, I automatically thought of this song. I wanted to share it with you today because after almost 10 years, it still touches my heart.

Eric and Leslie Ludy – Faithfully

Tonight I saw a shooting star
Made me wonder where you are
For years I have been dreaming of you
I wonder if you're thinking of me too
In this world of cheap romance
Love that only friends are throught the dance
Say that I'm a fooled away for something more
How can I really love someone I've never seen before
I am long for true love every day that I had lived
And I know real love is all about learning how to give
I pray that God will bring you to me
I pray you'll find me, waiting faithfully.

Faithfully, I am yours from now until forever
Faithfully, I will write, write you a love song with my life
Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for,
No matter how long it takes, I am yours, faithfully

Tonight I saw two lovers kiss
Reminding me of my own lonely ___
Say that I am a full to keep on praying for you
How can I give a pleasure for a dream that won't come true
I will keep believing that God still has a plan
And though I can not see you now, I know that He can
And someday I will give you all of me
Until I find you , I'm waiting faïthfully.

The lyrics aren't perfectly recorded above. Take a few minutes to listen to their song here.

2 comments:

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

I had this book too! With the CD in the back! I finally sold all of my "single days" books on Amazon but I loved this book. I found a lot of comfort in it. How funny that we both read it!

Ashley said...

What a great post! Very encouraging.