22 January 2009

How Old is He?

Last night when Scott got home from Awana Cubbies, he ran to the door with his picture in hand to show me. It was precious. We played a few minutes before it was time to head up stairs to bed. As we stood at the bottom of the stairs, I explained to him that I had a horrible head ache and his daddy would be putting him to bed. He peered up at me with a sly look on his face and said:
"mommy, it's YOUR responsibility!"
He's 3 [and a half] friends. Where does he come up with these big words? This morning on the way to his Grammy's he pulled out more funny comments. When I chose to go down the highway rather than the gravel, he was quite dissapointed and told me:
"mommy, go down the gravel please. If you go down the black road, I'm going to be grumpy!"
When asked where he learned that, it was from a cartoon on TV. Ah, the things they pick up on!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the things kids say! They're little sponges! have fun with that silly boy!

jerelyn said...

So cute! From what I have seen and heard, kids listen to EVERYTHING you say, and they seem to want to follow in your footsteps, to be just like you. Good thing yours have super parents!!

Ashley said...

Such big words - what a smart little boy!!