07 January 2009

New Year's Resolution

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions really. But each year the holidays seem to take my time and if I've been spending a good amount of time with God reading His Word and praying, this is when I slip. Post holidays become the time that I get back on track. I've been reading in Matthew this week and am loving. No matter how many times I've read through this book before, I forget the details. Why don't I memorize them???

Speaking of reading, Ryan got a few books for Christmas. One called "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters" caught my attention. I picked it up but when Ryan came to bed, he wanted his book so I had to choose another. That night I finished "Who Moved My Cheese", a good read and refreshing reminder that change happens, make the best of it. The next Ryan once again wanted his book back and I had to choose a new one. I picked up "There's a sheep in my Bath tub", a book written by a guy who started the missionary movement in Mongolia. I have been amazed at how much I've enjoyed the book. Thanks to Tanya for recommending it. I did have to remind myself and Ryan that I bought the book for him, not for me. As a person interested in missions, and with a connection to Mongolia, this book fascinates me. In the past two days, I've read most of the book. I love to read but don't find the time often so I've actually enjoyed being sick the last few days (with a little help from my cough syrup with codeine in it). Maybe I'll finish the book tonight, the dishes can wait another day, right?!?!

3 comments:

Wedehase Family Blog said...

Jason and I fought over that book too! I would be in bed reading it waiting for him to join me, and he'd come to bed and get frustrated because I had it and he wanted it!

It's a great read and so hard to put down. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Jody said...

Doug has Strong Fathers Strong Daughters and really enjoyed it. Too bad we can't get his brother to read it... He has 3 girls and I am so afraid they will all be pregnant by age 15. What a difference an involved father makes!

Ashley said...

Someone else I know just finished "Who Moved My Cheese?" and really liked it. Maybe I will have to read it too??