30 January 2006

weekend highlights - make sure to read to the bottom

[sunday afternoon]
Ryan and I had a stressful moment yesterday. I pawned my kid off on my mom so I could hurry home from church and pick up the house before the folks came over for lunch. My husband stayed at the church, or at least didn't come home. I was mad! We usually visit with friends after church so that was usual but we were having company. I wanted his help picking a few things up and needed him to put the steaks on the grill. By time he walked in the door 1.5 hours later, I was fuming. And he was all pissy too. He was being all short and loud with me. And I thought, who are you to be an ass, I'm the one who deserves to be mad. So he came in the kitchen and we both had attitude. He was totally ticked and being all pissy. Finally he said what was wrong. He and the Awana leader (our youth program) were having a heart to heart. And let's just say that it wasn't well received by Ryan. So, I got a bit pissy with him too and let him know that I understood he was upset but I would not be the object of his anger, that it wasn't fair to me so he better just stop. So he was telling me and finally he said "and this is one of those times you should be taking my side". I explained my reasoning. He put the steaks on the grill and went upstairs to change. I headed upstairs and sat on the bed and hugged him and assured him that he's doing a good job, and let him know that I would stand behind his decisions dealing with the JV kids. Good thing my parents were over an hour late getting to our house (Scott was napping at their house and they didn't want to wake him).

We had an awesome meal. Afterwards we played cards till after 4pm. I won, yay me!

[eating "real" food]
Scott experienced rice cereal last night. At first, he was a bit unsure of what to do although he knows to put the spoon in his mouth. It didn’t take long before he was eating well and actually attacking the spoon with his mouth. It’s hard to explain but he’ll attack and gnaw on fingers, noses, nini’s, whatever you put in his face. When he had a free hand, he’d grab the spoon and put it right to his mouth. It was fun for us to watch. Of course, I tried to be a good mom and got out the camera and camcorder.

[feeling yucky]
Worked out this morning. Didn't eat anything first. And I wasn't feeling good while we worked out. Showered and stopped at mom's to feed Scott. She fixed me scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese that I scarfed down quickly before going to work. As I was getting out of my car, I broke my eye glasses which I started using again while I'm on the computer. Not sure how I'll make it through the day without them. My eyes are already blurry and my stomach still feels yucky.

[what do nails and juice have in common?]
Oh and one more highlight from the weekend. We ate supper in the living room last night. Later, Ryan headed upstairs to put Scott to bed and I headed for the kitchen to do the dishes. I cleaned those up real quick, refilled my glass, grabbed some ice-cream and went back to the living room. Ryan came downstairs and noticed my re-filled glass:
Ryan: is that the same one as earlier?
Me: Duh, of course it is?
Ryan: Did you dump the nails out of it first.
Me: Umm no (as I look at the bottom of my now half-emtpy glass)
We laughed and laughed. Ryan had trimmed his fingernails and put the trimmings in my empty cup. I didn’t pay any attention to the cup, refilled it and drank half the glass. It was so gross yet so entertaining. Ah, the joys of marriage!

5 comments:

momma of 2 said...

Sorry but the last part about made me lose my lunch.

Part of being married is having times when you really want to wring his little neck, and then realizing you are both in this together - and making up.

hope the steaks were good.

Ashley said...

ugh, the last part makes me want to vomit. i'm glad you were able to laugh about it!

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWW!!! Nasty!!!

Luckily they were finger nails and NOT toe nails!!! EWW!

Hopefully Scott will start sleeping super well now that he's eating the rice cereal. I don't know kids all that well but my bf's cousins were put on rice cereal and began sleeping like little logs.

jerelyn said...

Ewwwwwwwww!! Gross. Now THAT is love. ;-)

Carrie said...

LOL- that is about all I can say, and ewwwwwwwwwww!