06 January 2006

My new nephews & the Whitakers

Monday the 2nd
I like to plan ahead and I did a decent job of doing so. I wrote things down on my calendar with phone numbers, times, etc. This day we were going to hang out with some family friends, the Whitakers. Only when I called the night before to arrange a time with Helen, her cell phone was turned off. The next morning I tried again with no luck. So, we (Dad, DJ’s new step-sons, Scott and I) hung out at the house. I tried to get their number out o the phone book, off the internet and had no luck. Finally Helen called Dad’s. After DJ came to get the boys, we headed to Sanger to visit our friends. We had a good time catching up and seeing the kids all grown up. I did good at harassing the oldest son, Will, for piercing his ears. We left there and went home to have beef quesadillas. Nicole came over shortly after we got home and so did Jen and the kids. We all visited for a while until Jen went home. Then Nicole and I chatted for a bit before she left. Once again I went to bed way too late and my child didn’t get the naps he so desperately needed.
[grandma martinez finally went to the doctor. Her sugar dropped to 30, she was throwing up, etc. Sugar below 30 is apparently a coma. So far we know that she has an obstructed bowel and her white blood count is super low which means her immune system isn’t working. Please be praying for my grandma, that she can bounce back, pass her blockage and go home. Thanks]

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm praying your grandmother gets better soon.