26 January 2006

good day

[smiling]
My day has been good. My honey was off at noon today so he picked up our son and came down for lunch. We met at the Keystone for lunch where I was able to feed my wild child. Ryan asked if I liked my plant from Scott. Okay, let me just say it was stupid moment #2 for today. I noticed the plant sitting there against the wall, wrapped in plastic (you have to do that in the midwest or the cold temperatures will kill it before you get it home) and thought nothing of it. Now, I should have known that no one would set out a decorative plant and leave it in the plastic but I didn't. So, I opened the plastic and reached for the card. It says "We love you. You are the best mom and the best wife. Love, Scott and Ryan". My guys gave me an awesome looking peace lilly to put in my office. My Ryan is so thoughtful sometimes!

[long lunch]
We had a nice lunch at the Keystone. I can't believe how fast the time went. Asked Ryan to bring Scott by the office so I could show him off. Spent a considerable amount of time showing my kid to the staff in the building. He's such a ham!

[Dr. appt]
Scott had his 6 month shots on Tuesday. It was entertaining. He was all smiles and flirting with the nurses before hand. They gave the shots, Scott cried for 20 seconds or so and snuggled right up to me. As I held him, he looked right over my shoulder at the ladies and gave them plenty of dirty looks. If I could read his mind, I'd bet he was thinking "and I trusted you!" Scott measured in at 27" (which means he gets to move into his new carseat) and weighed 18lbs, 3.5 oz. My child is growing so big and his hair is really starting to grow in now. Ah, parenting is such a blessing

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a blessing! Scott totally IS a flirt - I love the new picture you have as your icon - VERY cute :) I'm glad you had such a great day - mine was pretty boring - I'm in Baltimore for work. woo hoo.

Ashley said...

wow, i love surprise flowers! that's awesome that it is a plant too...it will last a long time. how thoughtful of your boys!

Anonymous said...

Thats so incredibly sweet what Ryan did ;-D

jerelyn said...

So sweet of your boys to take you to lunch and give you such a thoughtful card...I bet you had fun showing your little guy off at the office. And no doubt he did his share of flirting there too!