12 January 2006

a beautiful day in my neighborhood

[bloodshot]
Scott is finally sleeping, praise God. I think it was night #5 or 6 that we got a decent sleep. My eyes are still bloodshot and I continue to try to catch up on my sleep. I was asleep by 930pm and woke up at 630am feeling like I needed another two hours of sleep.

[narnia dissapointment]
Last Saturday Ryan and I went on a date. It didn't go as planned but we had a good time. We planned to leave by 10am in time to get to Waterloo, grab some lunch and catch the matinee for Narnia. After Scott decided he wouldn't eat, I had to pump quick at mom's (thanks to m&r for keeping Scott) before we could head out. We left by 11 and arrived in at the theater in W'loo to find it under construction. We then headed next door to the mall where I went into Hallmark and found out where the nearest mall was. We drove 10 miles or so to Cedar Falls and found the theater. Ryan saw that Narnia played at 415pm but I wanted to catch the 1pm. Unfortunately it was already 115pm and we were too late. A bit frustrated we head to Texas Roadhouse for a nice steak lunch. While there I asked Ryan if he would be offended if we didn't go to the movie. He said "no, but I'll be dissapointed". I thought we better go but my organized little mind was working and I knew that a 4pm movie would get us out of the theater by 7pm, then we'd have to go to Menards and pick up our doors (the reason for going all the way to W'loo) which would take maybe an hour, then drive the 80 minutes to pick up Scott before getting home. That would put us home at 10pm and my kid is in desperate need of a schedule! Ryan suggested that mom could keep him over night, which they would, but I couldn't ask them to keep Scott knowing he wasn't sleeping worth beans. So, I dissapointed my honey and didn't see Narnia. Instead we piddled around Cedar Falls/W'loo at the mall, a camera store, Walmart, Menards and Target.

[new doors]
We finally have my new storm doors (my Christmas presents from G&G B and from Ryan). Now, if only we can get them up this weekend. Shoot, its beautiful weather out, maybe Ryan will work on them today when he gets home after lunch. *I wish, I wish, I wish*

[last night]
It was my first night back helping out with our JV youth group. Last night was the Christmas party that got pushed back caused by bad weather. It was fun to be with my kids again and add Scott to the whole mix. Because it was such a relaxed setting, Scott got passed around with several JVers and Ben (one of our college buddies that helps). Kyle (7th grade) was so cute when he snuggled Scott right up to his chest and patted him for a while. Ben stole him away and we got a cute picture of Scott wearing Ben's massive non-ISU hat. One kid still drives me crazy! He was one of the reasons I didn't help last semester and I know that I need to start praying for my attitude towards him.

[tonight, tonight]
I'm way excited for my bible study group tonight. It's been too long since I've seen my buddies. We're using tonight to plan for our 40 days of purpose adventure. I'm excited for the challenge to invite some folks to join us and I'm committing to praying for them and hoping they'll come.

[challenge]
I commented to a buddy about how her kids need to see her living out her faith 7 days/week. What a challenge to myself. I know my kid is young but he too needs to see that. I'm determined to do that, not so much for Scott but because I just need to do so. I was reading the bible in a year and got lazy at the end of my pregnancy. I need that committment back, that fire and desire.

[beautfiul day]
It's been beautiful out. Yesterday was supposed to get up to 45 degrees. I took a walk with one of my producers to check out his prescribed grazing plan that I wrote. It also happens that I love his family and used to go to church with them pre-marriage. The wind was cold and my ears ached for a few hours after we got in but it was so nice outside. Today looks to be much of the same. okay, enough from me for today. i love to write but it does get lengthy.

No comments: