06 January 2006

New Year’s Eve

It was a girl’s day out while Dad and Ralph went to Jeff’s to watch the Bulldogs lose their bowl game. Us girls (Nanny, Aunt Ugly, Mom, Jen and I) plus Scott went to Fresno. We had lunch at the Elephant Bar at River Park. While there, I saw an old school friend, Stephanie (Jacobson). After lunch we headed to Babies R Us and I did a little shopping with Scott and visited with Stephanie some more (she went there too). We piddled around there and I ran into Old Navy quick for the clearance sales for Scott. We left there and had quite the adventure to DJ’s. It was fun (a bunch of women in the car giving their opinion). I still think my way would have been faster, in fact, I know it would have been. Some time later and lots of u-turns, we finally made it to DJ and Sarah’s. Sarah wasn’t home and so we visited with DJ for a few minutes (I mostly just fed and changed Scott) before heading home.
That evening I picked my Grandma Martinez up and we (Dad, Jen and the kids, Gma, Scott and I) all went to Los Pepes for dinner. Grandma was not feeling well; she’s diabetic and was having some blood sugar issues. Dinner was good, the kids were fun, but Grandma didn’t seem to be doing well. We left dinner, dropped of Gma and headed to Stan and Lori’s (mom’s buddies). They wanted to meet Scott and had a gift for him. We visited with everyone for a while and left around 10pm (way past my “tired” time). Was in bed by 11pm and not concerned with bringing in the New Year. I figured it would come whether I stayed up or not.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You had a busy New Years Eve! No wonder you were tired!