17 January 2006

3 day weekend

[awesome Ryan]
I do have a studly husband who did work on my doors Thursday night. He got one storm door on and it looks great. I’m almost going to miss the old screen door that had the screen tore out of the corner and the cats would perch there and look through the window at us. Saturday after Ryan got home from work, he put the other door on. Yay for my wonderful hubby.

[love/hate for Michelle]
The guys have been working out for quite some time now. I’ve been a bit jealous since I’d like to work out but don’t seem to have the time. I even tried making a deal with myself by telling myself that I could go tan each time I worked out. That never worked. The girls started working out too but it was mid-day and that doesn’t work with my schedule. Still jealous that they were getting to work out and getting that bonding time AND they weren’t working full time jobs. More recently the girls started working out from 6 to 7am. I decided that after the holidays I would join them. Then Scott wasn’t sleeping so I waited till he got his schedule back. Yesterday I worked out with the girls! I’m thankful that the Jensen’s are willing to open their basement for us to work out in. I’m thankful to Michelle being our personal training for free. I love both of those girls and I so appreciate their friendship. But, that Michelle really worked me over yesterday. Crunches, squats, leg lifts, throw downs and whatever else. My legs were shaking no doubt but it was the lunges that killed me. All day yesterday my thighs hurt. Today my legs still hurt and I can hardly walk. I’m sore but I’m ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow we’ll do arms and rest my poor little legs.

[lazy sunday afternoon]
We ended up with a house full. Ryan had 3 guys over to play xbox. I had three of the teenie-boppers over to play with Scott. We made taco salad for lunch, did a few dishes and watched a girly movie upstairs.

[MLK Jr. Day]
What change came from the efforts of one man’s determination and convictions. How often do I stand up for what I believe. There was a man in my office today that was using the GD phrase. And I was offended by it. The second time he said it, I thought about confronting him “next time” but he didn’t say it again.

[babysitter and cook]
I so appreciated my day off yesterday. At noon, Sona came and picked up Scott. My goal was to get my room clean. I did that, talked to Dad on the phone for a while, then showered and went to Walmart to pick up a diapers and sweatshirts for Scott. I came home with the whole store. Ryan and I were meeting in Postville to pick up Scott and then for Mexican food. Sona called and had meatloaf in the oven and corn. I love Sona’s home grown/frozen corn. Not only did she keep my kid all afternoon but she fed me supper too.

[christmas tree]
My Christmas tree is still up. I know it needs to come down but I'm lazy and didn't get much accomplished all weekend. Any one else still have their decorations up?

2 comments:

momma of 2 said...

stick with the exercise program - your legs won't hurt as bad the next time. (it's true - but I'm not very good at sticking with an exercise program)

How sweet that Sona watched your little one, and fed you - that's awesome...

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Oh honey, my tree is SO still up! Hopefully it'll come down this Thursday. I have a DC meeting and won't get home until late but hubby is going to clean and take down the tree on his own.

Glad to hear Scott is back on a schedule! Let's talk soon! I've missed talking to you!