06 January 2006

Lots of Visiting

Tuesday the 3rd
Scott and I visited a lot of people. We saw Judy and Tom Woods and visited for a while. Jake (my baseball buddy) and Michelle Woods stopped in to hang out and meet Scott. While there I got to see a family drama which made me feel at home – it was quite entertaining for almost everyone. As I was leaving Michelle shared a fun story about “seeing” me in Iowa before. She flew out to visit Jake and was in the car waiting for him after the game. He walked out of the locker room and hugged me and greeted my friends. Michelle was in the car upset thinking I was Jake’s girlfriend and I had my family with me. She wandered why he invited her out if he had a girlfriend. Poor thing, I can so imagine how my thoughts would continue the longer I sat in the car. Fortunately Jake was able to straighten things out and she’s not worried about Jake hugging me anymore.
I left the Woods’ house to visit my childhood friend, Becky. We took our little boys and went to lunch. As soon as we walked in the waitress asked if we were sisters. All through high school people thought we were sisters. I guess we look the same if we’re still getting asked. We had a good visit, compared child rearing stories and ate some taquitos. Back at the ranch, we took a few pictures and I got to see her dad for a few minutes. From the ranch I went to see the Fagundes’ family. We had a good visit catching up while my son was hyper, making lots of noise and moving all around. I left there and stopped by Truda and Ivo’s. Truda and I did some mission work together when I was in high school. My parents were out there for supper and I stopped by long enough to feed my son, chat for two minutes, give hugs and leave again.
I got to Tebbe’s a few minutes late but in perfect time for Tri-tip, green beans, cheesy potatoes and bread. The Johnston’s (Kristine, Andy & their 3 month old Drew along with John, Kristal & their 4 month old Luke), and I all ate supper together. Mom and Ralph stopped by to give me back my son and say hi to all the J’s. The rest of the night we hung out on the couch while the guys played video games and played with babies. We took a few pictures and chatted until we were all about to fall asleep.

No comments: