06 April 2007

Yummy Food

We live in the "sticks" which means that most places to eat serve very boring tasting food. But, in our small town of ~500, there's a new guy in town. He's a big time cuisine chef (I can't remember the official terminology) that opened up his own place here. I've been in the restaraunt several times: once when he allowed us to use the building for our Vday supper, once for supper with my cousin and then last night.

The guys has wonderful meals on his menu. Unfortunately, they're such "nice" meals that I don't even understand what the heck they are. In fact, when we had supper with my cousin, I ordered dutch pancakes with fresh fruit on top because I didn't understand or didn't have an interest in the fancier foods. Our small group met for supper there last night. I asked Thomas to translate the menu for me and ended up ordering a Tarragon Corn Meal .... Walleye. It was huge and tasted very good. It came with flavorful mashed potatoes (that weren't beaten to death) and grilled asparagus. It was quite delicious. Thanks Thomas!

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

mmmm sounds like that might be worth the trip. Glad you enjoyed your night out!

Ashley said...

Yay for yummy food!