18 April 2007

Rockstar Husband

It's amazing how Ryan doing things for me makes me want to return the favor. I love doing for my husband but sometimes my attitude really sucks about it. It's horrible and I know that I'm not supposed to keep score but sometimes I don't want to do for him because he hasn't ... (fill in the blank). I don't want to be selfish but sometimes I just can't force myself to do for him simply because there's 2 weeks worth of trash that hasn't been taken to town yet. But that's me and I'm still learning!
Regardless of how selfish I can be, Ryan continues to serve me by cooking meals, etc. Sunday night was really sweet though. I mentioned that I wanted dessert. He said that he got the hint and asked what I wanted. I assured him that I wasn't "hinting" this time and that I didn't want him to get me anything. He went into the kitchen anyway and was in there for quite some time. I heard the blender going, cabinets opening, etc and continued to lay my fat and tired butt on the couch. When he came back in the living room, he told me that it would be a bit before it was ready. My husband had made me a cheesecake!!! What a rockstar! I truly didn't expect anything and would have even been happy with popcorn but I got cheesecake.
His thoughtfulness made me want to be thoughtful to him in return. The next night when I came home late after hanging out at my mom's, he was finishing up the dishes. I'm not sure what had gotten into him but I was appreciating it. Ryan is a wonderful husband but certainly is not a maid and does not clean. It was such a sweet gesture. I really need to think of something fun to do for him in return.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

cheesecake? hotttttt!