03 April 2007

Couple of Thoughts for the Day

Last night I had a dream about having a foreign exchange student - thanks Merritt!
I also had a dream where I really questioned if Ryan loved me or someone else - thanks to name discussions with Ryan and my co-worker.

My kid is hilarious. Honestly, I didn't know it would be such a joy! In the few short hours we were home last night, several things he did made me laugh out loud:
- He yelled at the dog and told him to come and eat (after I'd done so several times).
- He was at the table playing with his magnetic drawing toy (brain fart... what is that toy called?). I look over and not only does he have the little magnet animal shapes on the screen, but also several slices of potatoes that I was making homemade chips with.
- Next time I look over, he's eating a raw slice. Only, he's not eating it, he's taking a bite, turning his head and spitting it out over his shoulder. I watched him do this 4 times. And after laughing, I scolded him and he responded with "DJ, eat". Not sure if he was still nagging the dog to eat or trying to give him another food option.
- He loves this old farm book that was his dad's as a child. It's falling apart and each time he insists we read it, something else tears out, falls out, etc. Last night, he pried the chicken off but continued to lift the flap and say "chicken" and then "egg" when he could see the egg.
- Bath time was hilarious. Let me preface this by sharing that he likes to throw his arms in the air and say "where did it go" any time something gets out of site. He was playing along with a shallow little bowl. And sitting in the tub, he looked down, said "peepee", covered himself with the bowl and said "where did peepee go". He did this multiple times and I died laughing!

So, my kid was fun last night. His dad stopped at the house for a quick minute to drop off the dog and grab a to-go bite before heading to his next call. His dad got home just as we finished in the bath and were getting ready for bed. So, Ryan snuggled the kiddo for a few minutes in his "big bed" while I went downstairs to fry us some pork fritters for a late supper. I came back up and the kiddo was still awake but definitely tired. Ryan got up and small fry just stayed there. He asked to go to "mommy's bed" and when I said no and asked if he wanted to go to his crib, he said "no". So, I asked if he wanted to stay in his "big bed" and he said yes. We grabbed his bed time pals (music toy, elmo and pacifier) and lifted up the rail and headed to bed. I was sure that it would be an all night issue to get him to sleep. But, he was fine. He slept right through the roaring thunder, hail, winds, etc. What a champ! My kid slept in his big bed on the first try (although he napped in there with Ryan on Sunday). It was awesome. Of course, we got up 3 different times to cover him back up and check on him like worried parents but he was fine!!!!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Yeah for the big bed! You're a brave one. I need the boundaries that the crib sets for Analise, so she's still safe and sound and sleeping wonderfully in hers. I'm not ready for the transition yet:) She'll get there soon enough. In the meantime, we did breakdown and get Josiah his own, and it was money well spent, now that both are sleeping well. *whew* The peepee story was HILARIOUS!

Ashley said...

those stories made me laugh too!

Me said...

:P

Sorry???? LOL.