18 April 2007

Thank You McD's

On my way to D-town for an OB appointment, I stopped at the "golden arches" for my favorite: an egg mcmuffin without the egg, topped with a hashbrown. In a total hurry, I pulled through the drivethrough and handed the cashier my credit card to pay. She had a surprised look and turned back around to tell me that their machine wasn't work. She walked away and I knew I was about to be late to my appointment and embarrassed at McD's. The only way I had to pay was my credit card so I waited for the lady to come back so I could explain that I didn't have cash and would have to cancel my order. But it didn't work quite that way... another lady came back to the window and handed me my credit card. She then grabbed a small bag and handed it to me. I interrupted with a "but I haven't paid". She explained that my meal was on them because their machine didn't work. I rushed off, thankful for a truly "FREE" meal.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yay for free!