12 April 2007

Airline tickets

I'm not appreciating this winter weather in April...

Airline ticket to go "back where I come from" is $1084. Aint happening!
Airline ticket to go visit Cori in beautiful San Diego $980. Aint happening!
Airline ticket to go see my in-laws in Northern Arizona $594. Aint happening!
Flight + 4 nights hotel to Waikiki starting at $584. Still aint happening!

What's wrong with this picture? Why is it cheaper to spend 4 nights in Hawaii?

I'm tired of being inside. I want to plant a garden, get a tan, lay in the hammock and enjoy spring flowers. But no, that's not what's going on here. Instead we got ~5" of snow, I cranked the heater up to 69 and snuggled up under a blanket. I've had a pair of shorts in my car for several weeks now hoping to go walking at night. It hasn't been warm enough for that yet. I've seen others out walking with their hooded sweatshirts covering their head. Meantime, the temperature is 83 back where I come from.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Expensive Tickets!!

Doesn't Southwest fly from Chicago?

Me said...

$30 buys about 10 sessions in a tanning bed.

Money well spent. Emotionally, mentally and for tan.

Fantastagirl said...

hmmm - where are you flying from?

I'm with Meritt - go for the tanning - only I'd burn.

Me said...

I'm so sick of it too. Where did our Spring go?! Haven't we suffered enough already?!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara B said...

cori & fantastagirl: I just looked from one puddle jumper airport to another (the closest ones) because I wasn't overly serious.

Merritt - I would love to go tanning but I'm ~7 months pregnant and can't do the tanning thing right now. Oh, how I'd love the relaxation though!

Me - I think Spring is maybe here today and will definitely show up this weekend. Sounds like a good weekend to go shopping!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Tammy, if it makes you feel better, we had a gloomy day today with wind, rain and a high of 68 degrees. Hope it warms up there soon.

Jody said...

Tanning is bad for you. I've had suspicious stuff removed- it ain't fun. Now that my PSA is through---

It has always been cheaper for us to spend a week in Ireland than to spend a week somewhere in the US. Always. Even with the weak dollar.

And I'm frugal.

Kristin said...

Airline ticket to from from northern VA to Iowa for $219.60...........now THAT is happening!!

Ashley said...

im glad it is warmer there now!