01 November 2010

Some People...


Some people are the coolest.  Not because they're famous.  Not because they're millionaires.  But rather because they are friendly and loving.  Isn't that what we're called to do?  After all, the bible does say to feed the hungry, give something to drink to the thirsty, cloth those who need clothes and invite in strangers.  You know, the golden rule: to treat others as you want to be treated.  It's nothing new.  In fact, its biblical to love your neighbors as yourself.  Recently, we've been blessed by some super cool people who've been doing just that.
 
They've taken time out of their schedule to invest a little time in our lives.  It has been super fun to get to know them a little more.  It was just over a year ago that they stopped out at the house and gave us a bunch of tomatoes after our garden had been ruined by a hail storm.  Apparently their kindness and generosity is who they are.  I'm thankful to know them.  Just last night we stopped out at their house to show them our Toy Story themed trick-or-treaters.  They had just gotten home from a long day of farming.  They could have easily said hello, handed the kids a candy, made basic chit-chat and sent us on our way (to Gunder for supper).  But, they didn't do that.  Instead, on their way home, they stopped and grabbed pizza, enough to share with my entire family for supper.  We were able to gather around the table, chat for a while, and have a good time. 
 
I left there ready to put my kids to bed but also thankful for these friends.  They think I'm half-way funny, they like my kids, and they take the time to invest their time (and food) in us.  I had made some oreo balls as a little thank you for them.  Last night I found out that D is allergic to chocolate.  Guess I'll have to think of something else to share my gratitude.  While I think on that, I'm looking forward to inviting them over some time.  Cause they're cool like that.

1 comment:

_ said...

In case you don't know what to do with those Oreo balls I wanted you to know that no one here is allergic to chocolate...