11 August 2010

Website Wednesday

For some time now I’ve thought of different things I can share on my blog. Each of them requires time. As a mom with a full-time career, my time is super valuable to me. There’s also things I’d would love to submit to the local paper for a one-time or even a regular column. Again, do I want to prioritize time to that? Though I’d love to do that, I have more important priorities like my husband and kids. So, I’m going to try something new. We’ll see how well it goes.

Website Wednesday.

I have no fancy logo (and believe me I could spend hours coming up with something), no huge connections, no deals worked out with any website. Just a simple desire to share the websites that I find useful, helpful, funny, etc. There are times that I run across something so simple, something I just wish I could have known about long ago.

The first website I want to start with is www.google.com. Now, I’m sure all of you are well aware of google. But do you know all the things you can do on this website? Sure, there are the common ones you see at the header of the home page but google has so much more to offer. Did you know that google has a TRANSLATION PAGE? I’ve used it numerous times when communicating back and forth with friends in Mexico City. DOES GOOGLE HAVE A DESIGN PAGE FOR SHELVING, ETC? There are many facets to google. I would encourage you to search out a few!

With each helpful website, I also want to share one of my favorite reads. Besides hotmail, this is one of the first websites I open in my browser. I love that it’s honest and real even when the reality of what’s being shared is sad. I love that it’s funny and well written, all the time. I love that I can hear her voice when I read it. I love that the picture I get of her personality from her blog, matches her personality in real life. I love that she’s smart and educates herself, that she’s not full of fluff and political correctness. I love that she uses the term “craptastic”. This person writes about a variety of things that might interest you. As of late, posts seem adoption related but give the girl a break, she did just adopt from Ethiopia. So, go on over to Jamey’s blog at www.zehlahlum.blogspot.com and see what you think of it.

1 comment:

_ said...

Thanks Tamara! I'm reading this as I'm the next coolest thing after Google. Excellent! :)