05 April 2010

Oreo Truffles


Have I written about these before? My first encounter with Oreo Truffles (aka oreo balls) was around Christmas. My co-workers fiance sent some home with him and they made it to the office. The second encounter was the Sweetheart Supper where Kara made them and explained how easy they are. Indeed, they are an easy and scrumptious little dessert. They're rich enough that one is enough but yummy enough that you have to grab two!
I made a batch and took some to Easter dinner. Finished up the rest tonight to take to a friends tomorrow. Only problem was that I had 5 left to dip and remembered that our friend is allergic to peanuts and I used the PB oreos! Ryan was a good sport and at 10pm helped me make another batch so that our friend could also enjoy the richness of my dessert. Since it's late, the'll have to chill in the fridge over night and I'll finish them after work tomorrow.

Here's a simple recipe: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-oreo-truffles-95085.aspx. The only thing I do a little differently is use chocolate almond bark (not white chocolate as shown in the above pic). If you google oreo balls or oreo truffles, you'll come up with lots of recipes

No comments: