12 April 2010

Hi/Low


In our small group bible study, we start our evenings with a hi/low.  I wanted to share with you my hi-low emotional rollercoaster for today and ask for prayer.
 
Low: Friday several families were contacted by Holt about being in the travel group for the first week of may.  We were not contacted.  I was a bit dissapointed but trusting in God's timing and thankful for how He has provided.
 
Hi: At 5pm, I sent an email asking a few people to pray about our travel opportunities and taking a friend with us.  I hit send and refreshed my inbox and had an email from our agency.  We are in the travel group for the first week of May! 
 
I'm so excited my heart is pounding out of my chest and I can hardly type!  We're going to Ethiopia.  And this is no April Fool's joke! (I told my small group that we were going on April Fools).  My emotions are all over the place.  I was and am trusting in God's timing. I had resigned myself to not travelling in the first week and was thrilled with the possibility of Kara travelling with us (she can't go the first week), getting to go on a free mini-vacation to the Dells (scheduled for May 6th), and having more time to prepare.
 
Today is the 12th.  We have to be in Addis on the 29th.  That's 17 days people.  Pray for us please... it will be a wild two weeks!!!  Okay, now I have to go read the email from Holt about the actual travel :)



Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

WOW!!!! That's SO EXCITING!!! Will definitely be praying for you! Please keep us posted, even with short updates!!

Jenni said...

I sent you an email privately already but thought I'd comment here, also. So would this be your one and only trip, a.k.a. your "gotcha" trip so to speak? Or is this a preliminary visit?

Either way, exciting beyond words! Praying hard for you guys!

JLHalsted said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!