- your local Dairy Queen is closed from Sept through May. Not true in our neighboring towns because they also act as restaraunt, not just an ice-cream place.
- If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there.
- If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong
- If you measure distance in squares of farm land. Not the case up where we live. It's rolling hills, trees and an abundance of random fence lines and tiny fields - I would know since I deal with their farm maps daily.
- If you know several people who have hit a cow or deer numerous times
- If you can drive 70 mph through 2 feet of snow during a
raging blizzard without flinching. Seriously.
- If you install security lights on your house and garage, but
leave both unlocked
- If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a ,snowsuit
- If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow - definitely true on our driveway!!!
- If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction. Sometimes it seems like this is true but we really do have beautiful seasons here and would complain regardless.
- If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly'. Definitely true right now. It was -9 when I drove to work this morning.
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.