06 March 2008

DEBT FREE

Okay, so I'm a fan of Dave Ramsey and I thought I was doing his plan for getting out of debt. But, the other day on his radio show, he clarified with another caller that if the guy wasn't exactly doing his plan, than he wasn't doing Dave's plan at all. Hmm, okay. So, I really like Dave Ramsey and would recommend him to everyone but I'm not doing his plan. In Dave's Get out of Debt plan, you would stop investing in retirement until you get out of debt. Because I understand compounding interest and because our debt load was pretty minor, I didn't stop putting money in my Roth. With that said,
WE'RE DEBT FREE
except our home
Yes, that's right, we don't owe any one anything with the exception of our mortgage which we're working to pay down faster than normal. And not only that, but after taking the daveRamsey class, I am much more informed about finances, insurance, real estate, etc.

6 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Yeah you! I'm so happy for the two of you - to not have debt is a very freeing experience.

Kristin said...

Tammy -- that is AWESOME -- CONGRATS!!!

Me said...

Dave Ramsey or not, you get a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :)

Jody said...

Yea for you!!! We don't follow his plan exactly, either. Envelopes make me crazy and we still put money in our SEP and IRA.

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

YEAH! Congrats! We're on track to be in the same boat by December. We can't wait!

We like some of Dave Ramsey's principals but we definitely still put into our retirement (silly not to with our benefits). But I like the pay down the smallest debt first idea - we saw huge progress and loved it!

Ashley said...

Way to go - congrats! I'm hoping to be there with you in that class very soon!