02 March 2006

Bestest Husband

[ryan, but not my ryan]
And the bestest husband award goes to Beth's Ryan. Unfortunately, my husband is no competition today! It's frustrating and I'm not going to share details but I really wish that I had more help from my husband. I do love him and he is helpful - most the time. But, I think he forgets that I need a house that is at least picked up to keep my sanity. That means I need help doing that since I don't get home till 6:30 at night. Anyway, that's that.

[the itchy and scratchy show]
I'm tired of itching. I have not quite figured it out yet but it's either related to using Scott's detergent or my body temperature going up, or my monthly hormones. I randomly get rashes that come and go on my belly, back, neck, arms. Eventually, I'll go see a doctor.

[to do list]
As if I'm not going crazy with LOTS on my plate at work, I'm also going crazy at home. I have yet to start several things:
- Taxes. Hubby says he'll help. We'll see.
- Septic system. I figure I can do the percolation test for it since I do work with soils on a daily basis.
- Birthday cards. I used to send them to everyone in church plus friends and family. Haven't done that since Scott was born.
Things I have accomplished:
- Deep clean my bathroom & change the shower curtain in there.
- Snuggled with my kid. I'm still breast feeding him.

[this weekend]
it could be good or bad or really, really long. I'm frustrated, super frustrated with my honey right now. I'd tell him first except I haven't had any time with him since Tuesday and tonight we have a committment already.

Better go get my kid!

4 comments:

Me said...

Don't get me wrong, hubby is the greatest, but his housecleaning skills are a little less than desired. He's getting better, but my standards are slightly higher than his. So I totally understand your frustration.

And birthday cards, omigosh, I used to do them for everyone. These days I barely even remember!

Hope you get some much needed hubby time this weekend!

Fantastagirl said...

thanks for saying birthday cards - My brothers b-days are this weekend and I forgot...

All husbands are in need of a little lesson in keeping the house clean, but you have to be able to be happy with how he does it...I understand your frustrations it's okay - anyone that is married and works outside the home understands.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodnes...I just had this very same issue arise in my own house last night! I tell the main squeeze that its a partnership, and we both work outside the house so we both have to be willing to give a little more inside the house. Its definitely tough to keep up on the house, but with a little extra help from hubby, it wouldn't be so hard!

Happy Friday!!

Love,
~patty

Kristin said...

I'm praying for you and Ryan. Men are just wired differently, but they do need to TRY. Love you..