27 March 2006

a much needed entry

[thank God]
I’m so glad for what I recently learned about finding joy and appreciating my situation instead of being grumpy. Yesterday in church, I was able to Worship rather than being irritated with someone. It was such a relief. I’m also thankful for Jamie and Steven for being in the nursery so I could leave my child in there during church.

[My small fry]
It’s been a blessing that my kid doesn’t poop all the time cause that means I don’t have to change stinky diapers. But there is a point where it gets to be a bad thing. He gets constipated. And I’ve learned recently that prunes/prune juice don’t seem to help. So, we’ve tried the dark karo syrup. Most people have it in their cupboard for baking pecan pies, I have it to help loosen up my kiddo! We recently dealt with the constipation thing and then he went once and decided not to poop again. So, back to the syrup added to breastmilk in a bottle. It was no fun to see him strain to poop and get no results. This started Thursday night. Sunday morning we woke up and it was worse. On top of being constipated, the poor kid has a cough, is super congested and sounds like kroup again. Yesterday, Scott didn’t want to eat, was real puny looking and fussy unless you snuggled him. No fun. He did take a lengthy nap with me which we both needed after being up much of Satruday night. I desperately needed groceries so I dragged him with me to the store. He’s such a good baby! Got home last night and his temperature was 100.1. I felt so bad for taking him out but we needed food. We put him to bed and did some reading before lights out. Of course, it was another sleepless night. Between Ryan getting called out for a calving and Scott being up coughing and crying, I didn’t get a night of rest. But, praise God, he did poop finally. So, that alone had to make him feel better. This morning, I asked mom to come to the house instead of dragging him out. He had the sweetest smile on his face when he saw her. And when he heard his Papa’s voice, I was instantly ignored. He’s too cute.

[sleep]
Did I say that I need sleep? Yeah, well it’s not happening. We had a full weekend and this week is just as busy. Tuesday night is girls night out. I’ve not had one of these since living here so I’m excited. I’m really looking forward to getting to know the girls here better. I’m eager to be 10 years down the road and feeling like I belong here instead of being the outsider. I also want to visit Paul. He’s one of our older (about 91 years) friends. He was a few hours away in the hospital for a while and now they moved him to a home nearby. It will be good to visit with him even though he’s hard of hearing and doesn’t remember a ton anymore. Paul let me get ready in his home the day of the wedding since he lives across from the church. He’s a sweet guy who loves the Lord dearly. I have the usual mid week activities (JV kids and then bible study). Friday night I’m going to camp. Yup, camp. I’m really excited to hear what Diane will be teaching us for the weekend. She’s a wonderful teacher (and also happens to be the wife of my pastor). That will be a full weekend and I’m taking my attachment – Scott – along with me.

[work]
I think I move my frustrations from one place to another. This week might be work. We’re super busy and it gets tiring. I love helping people and teaching them new things when they’re eager to learn. But, I don’t like helping and then going back and having to re-do the work anyway. That gets frustrating real quick. But, the sign-up will be over on Friday and things will begin to slow down after that. It’s never slow in our office, but it will at least be less stressful I hope. I like work and when I get to the point that I don’t want to come in, I’m usually beyond tired or stressed.

[Mongolia missions]
We were invited to go to Mongolia from the folks who Dr. Honey has worked with twice before. This news came the day after I had randomly mentioned to Ryan that we should go. That was cool that it happened the way it did. I would consider going IF we could make different arrangements for food for me. I have a sensitive stomach and just can’t imagine eating boiled goat head or drinking fermented mare’s milk and staying healthy. I’d have to carry along my PB&J, crackers, ramen noodles etc. I know that we don’t have the money to pay for a trip like this but I also trust that God will provide if it’s in His will for us to go. And so far, it won’t be provided via our tax return!!!!

[40 days]
I’m continuing to learn much from this book. I look forward to being done but I hope that I’ll take the time to go back through it. I know there have been several nights where I’ve fallen asleep while Ryan reads the last two pages. I have it on CD, so I’m thinking I might listen to it on my drive to work.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

I hope the little guy starts feeling better, it's so hard when they are sick. Sounds like the syrup does the trick!

Ahhh calving...it's that time of year. Hope he is busy - but that they all arrive during the day...lol (I'm a farmers daughter-I know better)

Glad you are finding ways to enjoy your church services again...and wow on the mission trip - that would be a great experience.