06 March 2006

[wonderful husband]
He really is wonderful but sometimes he likes to make me think otherwise. Saturday was awesome, we had a good day together in La Crosse, WI. (yeah, we were in 3 different states two different times that day.) My honey bought me a cute new pair of shoes to wear with my slacks. That same afternoon, he managed to cause a large soda from BK to fall over and spill all over my shoes. Accidents happen, I understand that but I thought he was having a bit too much fun driving. And, I was mad becuase when I reached down to grab the cup and stop the spillage, my seatbelt locked up (remember - fun driving) and I couldn't lean forward and just had to watch the liquid pour out all over the place.

[lady at Sam's]
That same day we had been in Sam's Club. Numerous people kept walking right in front of me and cutting me off while I was carrying my kid. One couple did it a bunch of times. Grr. My attitude already needed help but it was getting worse quickly. We left the store and were sitting in the car while I fed and changed Scott. This lady pushes her cart up next to us and 7 kids all get into the van. I watched and was so sad that none of these little kids were put in carseats, etc. It was a mini-van that holds 7 passengers so 7 kids and one ignorant adult = too many bodies. The kids were jumping around and never put on seatbelts. They were cute kids and even were saying "bye" to Ryan. Then then woman lights a cigarette and is puffing on it in the van. My heart was breaking! Right after that, child #8 comes to the van and gets in. At least she was big enough to not need a restraint system. And if all that wasn't bad enough, Ryan happened to see via the side mirror that that woman left her cart right behind our car. Okay, this lady wasn't scoring points on my standard of living and my attitude was getting worse. We know she saw us since her two kids in the front seat were waving and talking to Ryan. Yet, she left her cart. I get out of the car to put Scott in the back, in his car seat and walk around to the back of the car to the cart. The lady is finally pulling out. With as much attitude as I have, walking in the middle of the lane, with a kid on my hip, I slowly moved the cart to the where the carts should be stored while she had to wait behind me. Yes, I'm a jerk too and I was so mad!!! I was thinking lots of bad thoughts and waiting for her to give me the opportunity to vocalize them. Good thing God intervened and only let me get by with giving her a nasty look. I couldn't believe she did that!

[sunday morning]
Saturday night I went to bed with laundry in the washer. I wanted to stay up to change it over but it was already 11pm. Sunday morning at 5am, I was wide awake thinking about that darn laundry. I woke up so many times during the night and should have just taken care of it. So at 5am, Scott made a little noise and I went and picked him up, fed him and let him go back to sleep. I got up and went downstairs. Took care of the laundry (wanted to wear some of my new clothes to church), fixed bran muffins, read my bible, fixed an egg breakfast for Ryan and made Oreo Salad for potluck all before 730 when I jumped in the shower and got ready for church.

[sunday church]
bethany came this morning. I can't remember if I mentioned her before. She was my favorite OB nurse when Scott was born. On my bday, I called her and invited her to participate in the 40 days of purpose and ended up inviting her to church. She was looking to come anyway and was appreciative that someone called and invited with a warm welcome. Well, she came and her husband, who doesn't otherwise go with her to church, came along too. It was such a treat to see them there.

[fresh snow]
I woke to snow and throughout church the snow continued. I had thought maybe we should take the 4WD truck but by that time we were already in the car. Coming home from church was an adventure, and not a fun one! The road hadn't been plowed and we were in my little car pushing through the snow. Only Ryan was driving again. And I reminded him that he wasn't in his big, heavy, 4WD truck. He was driving 40mph, I thought he should be driving 25mph. Then we started sliding and although Ryan kept us on the road, I was MAD that we went back and forth 5 times when it wasn't necessary. Not even a minute later, he was driving 40 again. I finally voiced my unhappy opinion and let him know that we were in no hurry to get home, etc. He didn't accept my criticism well. A short bit down the road we lost control again, this time on the bridge. I wasn't sure which was worse - a fairly steep drop off or a concrete bridge. Again, Ryan did fine. And although I was happy to be alive and warm, I was ticked. He just seemed to be so careless in my view of things. And I didn't want to crawl out of a car in wet snow, be cold and have to carry a baby down the road. Ryan looks at as me not trusting him. I look at it as pure carelessness. We got to the highway and the road was fine. Got up the hill and couldn't even tell that our driveway existed - there was so much snow on the ground. I would've turned around and went back to town to mom's or a friend's house. But no, my husband is a man, a strong, not-cautious guy. We started down the driveway. I braced myself and he got upset but what was I supposed to do? I was scared! Fortunately we made it down the driveway just fine. And by time we got to the house, I was just as mad at my neighbor for not keeping up with his responsibility for maintaining our driveway!

[renessa]
my buddy is home from SD. We had plans to hang out last night. But with the weather, I knew she wouldn't venture out with the little ones. After church, I took a nap and didn't do much. Renessa called at 4ish and was getting ready to come. My house was a mess, nothing had been picked up from our shopping frenzy the day before. But she came and we visited for a while and played with babies. The Jensen's also came over to see her and the kids. It was a house full but we were all in one room.

Fortunately it's Monday and I hope the adventures are over for a few days at least.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Luckily it's Girls State Basketball this week - so we should only have one more good snowfall and then winter should be done!

I was so worried reading that post that you went into the ditch or worse... Glad all turned out okay.

That lady at Sam's with the 7 kids and no seat belts - I can tell you are a Christian woman because well - I am not that nice... I would have said something to her... 1) how can she not at least buckle them in and 2) to leave the cart behind your vehicle - that's rude...

Kristin said...

WOW - it sounds like you have had a trying week. Satan totally know how to attack and when. I did laugh at how you handled the lady at Sam's. I don't think I'd have the nerve - I'd be afraid that she would run over me!