17 March 2006

St. Patrick's Day

Wow, I'm so thankful that Friday is here. I'm so tired and un-motivated this week. I've picked up around the house a little but I'm definitely behind on laundry and cleaning. This weekend is my honey's birthday! He said that he just wants to work around the house and complete some of our un-finished projects. I have to finish the second coat of paint on a tiny wall in the dinning room. I need to put another coat of clear on my cupboards that I started back in November. And I need to do touch up work from when Ryan painted our bedroom. I'm pretty sure that I won't get it all accomplished like Ryan hopes. I also have laundry and basic cleaning to do, I need groceries and want to get my car cleaned out. Plus, it's Living Stone weekend so that shoots Saturday afternoon and Saturday night.

The past weeks have been busy and I'm exhausted by time I get home at night. A few things have added to an already stressful environment. There is a member in our church that I have a problem with and according to the bible, I should approach him. But the situation isn't my business, although it affects me on a daily basis. I see him in church and he steals my attitude of worship every time. So, that's been hard and frustrating. BUT, I learned - no, wait, I was reminded last night that I need to find joy in every situation and be thankful. So that has been good so far. Just focusing on what I have and be thankful for that has improved my attitude some. Another thing is this rash. I visited the Doc yesterday. He seems to think that it's just dry skin (that time of year here). But I've never had it quite this bad before and it gets really bad. Of course, it was hardly noticeable when I was at the doctor's office. He did recognize that it's likely hormone related and potentially a sensitivity to my birth control. I wish he would have pursued it farther and not just tried to cover up the issue. But, if this cream works, then I'll be happy and possibly a little more sane.

This past week, my little guy has been a blast. Scott has learned a few new things. He thinks he's a little bird - when someone holding him is chewing food, he opens his mouth wide and leans right in towards your mouth. The kid loves to eat! He's also learned to make little indian noises. As kids, we'd pat our hand over our lips while making a constant noise and the sound would fluctuate. Anyway, Scott will make the noise and let you pat his mouth. And when you stop, he makes quite a loud noise to let you know that he wants to keep playing. I've watched him push my hand away twice when he was done playing. He's growing so fast. His hair is coming in thick and is a sandy blonde color with his pretty blue eyes. Earlier this week, I woke him from an evening nap. He wasn't happy and would have slept all night except I needed to feed and change him. Anyway, he snuggled right up against Ryan and went to sleep. It was adorable. I was so busy watching them that I didn't think to take a picture until he woke back up. This morning wasn't all smiles. As I was buckling him into his carseat, he spit up everything he'd just eaten. I unbuckled and took him back in the house and changed him. Meanwhile Ryan is headed down the driveway and wondering why I'm not right behind him. When I got back out of the house and up the drive, he was at the top waiting for me. He wanted to make sure that I made it up since we got an inch or so of snow yesterday and the driveway was slick. I have an absolutely wonderful husband who loves me. I so appreciate that.

Yes, I said snow. It was less than expected, but enough to keep me home a few hours from work. We got sleet first and I was concerned that I wouldn't get up the drive. But, before I left, the snow was coming down good and I figured the driveway was safe. I made it to mom's before deciding that I didn't want to play with the weather. They were expecting lots more snow and wind which causes problems. And since I live on back roads, they're not a priority to get plowed. I didn't want to have a hard time getting home so I stayed at mom's and played with my son. It was a blast, I had him laughing up a storm. Finally at 11am, I decided to try the roads since the snow had slowed. The roads were slushy which meant slow driving but I made it to work by noon. Got to work late and left early for a doctor's appointment. Gotta love my benefits and flexibility in my job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott is going to be a ladies man when he gets older!

Glad to hear that your week has been going well. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Scott is going to be a ladies man when he gets older!

Glad to hear that your week has been going well. YAY!

Fantastagirl said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

The weather was just weird - we had snow fall - but it didn't stick around (thankfully). Today the sun is shining and looks wonderful out - but it's still a littl chilly.

Scott is starting to do all kinds of fun things - I don't know why - but I am always amazed at what kids can do - they are such little miracles.

Ashley said...

i hope you have a terrific weekend celebrating your husband's bday!!

hapy day after st. patty's day!