07 March 2006

[dad's visitor]

It's has been raining every other day back "home" where I grew up. There was quite a storm last week that woke Dad. His roomie went to his room because he heard something "hitting the house". They went in to the spare bedroom and could hear a sweeping noise. They looked up at the ceiling to see the branch protruding through with the branch sweeping across the cars on the shelf. The picture shows it after Dad cut the branch and cleaned his collector cars off the shelf. The picture on the right shows the branch on the house. There is a huge pine tree in the front yard. The branch fell from the top of the tree and eventually fell on the house poking 5 holes in the roof, one of which poked a hole through the ceiling. I sure wouldn't want his visitor!

[twins and kids]

Becky and I go way back (I think I've written about her before). We were buds in junior high and high school before we went our seperate ways. People thought we were twins and we confused the two of us. In the last few years, we've been able to keep in contact with each other a couple times a year. When I went "home" for my brother's wedding in January, Becky and I got together for lunch and a few pictures. The first is of Becky, Ryan (her son) and me. The second is of the two boys after lunch. They're cute and were very curious about each other. It is so fun to see how things change over the years. I would have never imagine the two of us having kids later on in life and getting together with them. It was such a blessing to see her and meet her little guy!

[ryan's birthday]
I planned on taking Ryan to St. Louis for his birthday so he can see the new Cardinals stadium and catch a few games. But that won't be till this summer and his birthday is this month. So, I found these realistic looking action figure baseball player guys and bought him one - Scott Rolen of the Cardinals. It's been sitting on my desk for a month now. Well, my sweet husband comes to have lunch today. But I was super busy so we had a quick bite at the office. He has a few minutes so he comes back to my desk and the first thing he sees is that darn action figure. Totally spoiled his birthday gift idea. Now I have to think of something else! And the tickets I wanted to buy are selling out fast. I better get that done!

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Good luck finding something else for his gift - I am sure you will come up with something great. How fun that you got to meet up with your friend and her little guy - the boys look so cute together

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Sounds like your Dad had quite the adventure! I don't envy him at all. We had tree damage from the storms last summer and that was enough for me.

Good luck with the birthday gift idea! Chris isn't a big sports fan so I really can't help.

Kristin said...

too funny! hope he doesn't rad your blog for other insights!