26 November 2009

Thankful

I started a post with a list of things I'm thankful for. In the middle of that, I lost my internet connection and couldn't even save a draft. So just real quick, I want to share something I'm thankful and prayerful for...

Monday Ryan's grandpa fell while trying to load a snow blower. He's 85. He went to the doctor and was sent home a stubborn and sore man. Tuesday morning when he woke his throat was swollen, he couldn't really talk and had been in horrible pain all night long. A trip to the emergency room determined he broke his 2nd vertebrae and his atlas (sp?) which is the stem that holds the skull onto the spine (from my limited understanding). The doctors determined that he needed surgery and then because of his age tried to see if they could avoid surgery. As of today, his only option is surgery. He's 85.

Please join me in praying for God's will to be done and for His name to receive all the glory. Whether that be a successful surgery, a difficult trip through recover, or Grandpa getting to meet his maker and Savior, to God be the glory.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Our prayers are lifted up!!!