30 September 2012

Randomness part 400

Throughout my day, I think of all these little snippets and one-liners that I could post about.  But I never make it to my computer.  That's mostly a good thing because it means that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but then I never share the snippets.   Here are a few:

  • I'm harvesting my own coriander.  Only because I don't know how to harvest my own cilantro seed.  It's a very tedious task, especially when I have a mountain of tasks to do.  I just found a time in my day to accomplish the coriander harvest - while sitting at the table waiting (not so patiently) for my kids to finish their supper.  I might get it done pretty fast this way.
  • We're having a guest in our home Thursday through Sunday.  My house is NOT AT ALL ready for a guest.  Ryan thinks it will be fine cause he has 5 kids.  I was mortified at the thought of letting someone stay in my house like this.  I will be cleaning nightly if you want to come keep me busy.
  • I am so thankful that my husband is a veterinarian.  We used his manly skills on Friday night.  I was his personal assistant.  It was fun to ask him a million questions and learn.  Not so fun that someone shot my cat and it had a broken leg.  More on that in another post where I can tell the whole story and add pics.
  • I was cleaning in the garden today.  I love that place.  But my laundry list of things to do in the house called me back inside.  Bah humbug!
  • With a high-school girl at the table talking in jest about having no friends, my sweet girl sitting at her side looks up and says "I'm your friend".  It was super cute and melted this momma's heart.
  • Why do I always squeeze in one more thing that makes my life a bit chaotic?  Maybe because I love the things I do.  Saturday we needed to leave for a wedding at 1230 but I managed to sneak in some time enjoying the harvest with friends and the kids.
  • Sitting on the couch watching Diary of a Mad Black Woman with Ryan and Ali.  Each of us have a computer of some sort in our laps. 

No comments: