29 May 2011

Summer Vacation

Right now, I'm wishing I was still in college so I would have a summer break. This summer is going to be crazy busy. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to all of it. Just wishing though that I had more time to focus on the fun things this summer which is hard to do when you (thankfully) have a full time job.


June



  • Ethiopia for 2 weeks

  • Dental appointments for kids and me.

  • Hosting NAB Missionary (not hosting him in our home, but hosting the activity along with the others on the missions committee)

  • Ethiopia presentation

July



  • Hosting annual 4th of July celebration for our Ethiopian adoption travel group. Wishing those from farther away would join us and thankful for those nearby who can join us.

  • My dad and nephews come to town for a week.

  • What else am I forgetting? Where's my calendar?

August



  • CVC. Ryan's annual trip to Kansas City for continuing ed. This year I don't think I'll be able to go with. Which is a huge bummer cause I love hanging out with the Dietz'.

  • Vacation Bible School

  • Back to school and Bethany starts pre-school.

I'm sure there's more. I also really, really want to host a hunger banquet. We'll see if that happens. After all, I can't even manage to keep my house clean at this point. And I haven't gotten a garden planted either. Oh the joys of a busy life.

No comments: