04 February 2009

Wisdom Beyond His Years

That child shows much more wisdom than you'd think a 3 year old would have. Two funny moments from this morning:

1. This morning Scott made some sort of mention that he wanted his daddy to either take him to my mom's this morning or for his daddy to buckle him in. I can't remember now exactly what it was but it was something that was clearly a result of last night's incident.

And the second item I just shared with Scott's Cubbies teacher but it was cute enough that I thought I share here too

2. Scott woke up on his own this morning and was in a good mood (we usually wake him and he's grumpy). He came right down stairs where I was showering and within a minute rattled off his bible memory verse to me. I praised him for it and he explained why he knew his verse already: so he could get a "lovey" [one of the characters in his Cubbies program] sticker. I know he's only 3 but I want him to learn to make it a heart thing, not just a memorization so he can get a sticker like pavlov's dogs. So I kindly reminded him of another verse he's learned: "God's Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against you." He smiled and replied "yeah that too" and went on his merry way.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOL! Out of the mouths of babes... He is too funny. These verses are going to serve him well for the rest of his life!