12 February 2009

Dreaming at Night

For the last 4 or 5 nights I've dreamt about adoption. Last night's dream was so detailed and real feeling. In my dream we picked up an Ethiopian baby that needed a family immediately, skipping the paperwork trail, and brought him home. The dream is a little fuzzy now but I do remember bits and pieces. I remember sitting in the airport and for some reason I couldn't remember the baby's name but I already loved him deeply. I wanted to ask Ryan the name but was embarrassed and had this feeling that he'd forgotten too. Finally one of us remembered; his name was Elias. We took little Elias home and surrounded him with other family and friends that also loved him.

Each night the dream is a little different but each night it does revolve around adoption. I'm not sure if that's just how God is choosing to tug at my heart, or if these are thoughts and emotions stored in my subconscience as I pray and read about adoption.

Regardless, I'm well aware that God has called us to adopt. As I typed this, an old friend called me at the office. I congratulated him on his new baby and we got to talking briefly about kids. I told him that I had two little ones and he replied "well, you were the one who always told me that you were going to adopt!" What sweet words to hear, yet difficult at the same time. God, please use me to be Your hands and feet in loving the orphans and the widows.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for sharing about your dreams. Thank you for your compassion toward orphans - the lost, least and last. Praying with you that God will open doors and that you will recognize His direction as He reveals it to you.

Ashley said...

I am loving seeing how God is calling you into this journey. I wonder where that special one is at this very moment?