20 February 2009

Celebrate

Today I'm celebrating my 29th birthday. My morning started off great. Ryan snuggled me early this morning before I got up to make a fruit pizza to take to the office. While showering, both kids woke up and came in the bathroom to give me a birthday greeting with a little help from Ryan. Ryan then got both kids ready and made me a wonderful breakfast. Though my family was there, I kinda had the morning to myself as all I had to do was get myself ready and felt like that alone was quite a gift.

I got to the office and finished up my fruit pizza. Shortly after working at my desk, I got an email from my dear friend Michelle about a 2 month old baby in Ghana that needs a family. Okay, I was already on cloud 9 (whatever that actually means), and the news about a family adopting and the need for more families got my heart racing. I just wish I was at home so I could spend the next few hours digging into this story about the two month old.

As bright as the day started, the dark clouds soon rolled in. I had a birthday greeting from a friend that also asked me to pray for Tanya and Jason. Yesterday their sweet son was born and that began the battery of tests regarding his heart problems that they diagnosed while Tanya was half way through her pregnancy. My heart is aching so much for my dear friends. My eyes filled with tears and my heart filled with emotion for little baby Eli who has the odds stacked against him. Will you please take a minute and check out their blog and leave them well wishes for the journey ahead.

6 comments:

jerelyn said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and a SUPER birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tam! I'm sorry that you're wonderful day is tinted with shades of grey. Best of luck to the little baby.

PS - Fruit pizza? mmmmm! Share some pics. I've never seen one but it sounds super yummy.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday!!! Been following Tanya and Jason's blog for weeks and their family and little Eli have been in our prayers all day. Hope you birthday was a special one :) HUGS

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

How was your birthday weekend???

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing about Eli. I'll be praying. Heart-wrenching...