17 February 2009

3-day Weekend Update

Sweetheart Supper
For those who know about the Sweetheart Supper, it went wonderfully. The church basement took on a fancier look as we served 21 women a free 3-course meal on china by candelight. There was a fancy salad topped with goat cheese, bacon crumbs, purple onion and home made raspberry vinagarette. The main course was a chicken fettucinni alfredo with roasted vegetables (broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers). The ladies had their choice of dessert: chocolate cheesecake (amazing), white chocolate pie and another chocolate pie. Each lady left that night having had the chance to share/brag for a moment with full tummy's, and knowing that they were cared about. Thanks to those of you who participated.

My Own Valentine
Due to the craziness of preparing for the Sweetheart Supper, I failed to get even a card for my own sweetie, even though I reminded myself all week! I love him no less and am so thankful that I have a sweetheart to celebrate with each day!

Sunday Madness
It was an early start to the day when I filled in for the 1st grade boys Sunday School class. I hope they learned something. That was followed by nursery duty with the little ones, and then a women's ministries meeting afterwards. The light lunch they served was perfect and I only wish they would have added one thing: ibuprofen!

Monday Freedom
I was so glad to stay home with the kids. Scott had a little TV time in the morning while I picked up the house. We spent lots of the day playing and having fun. Chutes and Ladders and Candyland are games that Scott loves but have to be played with Bethany is otherwise entertained (aka napping). Scott "helped" with the dishes which means he played in the sink for awhile. We also took a walk outside because we thought 28 degrees with wind was warm. Our walk in the yard turned into playing on his toys - through the tunnels (me included) and down the slide (me included here too). Then followed a walk to the neighbors which meant another hour of playing with their kids while my pj pant covered legs froze in the wind. I eventually pulled the kids away and got them home to have a snack and some hot chocolate before putting them down for their nap 2+ hours late. I almost had supper on the table when Ryan came home but wasn't sure when he'd actually walk in the door (he called to say he was running a bit late). We had an enjoyable dinner, made a quick fruit dip and let Bethany lick the beater before putting her sticky body in the bath! When I finally hit the sack, I was in much need of some sleep but wishing I could have more days like this with my family!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The Sweetheart Supper sounds sooo neat. What a ministry! Is it warming up there??