25 June 2008

Scrap Booking Fun

For those of you who know me, you know that I love to scrap book. I love all the creative things others come up with that I can copy or use to get my own ideas. I'm not naturally creative but I try. When I scrap, I find something cool, have some ideas on how to put the page together but then end up doing something very plain. Yes, I live a type-A personality. Between that and my unwillingness to spend loads of money on scrapping accessories, my pages aren't extravagant.

For the last year or so I've really wanted to get a computerized die cutting tool. But, in all honesty, I just couldn't make up my mind. I'm on the computer most of my work day and the last thing I want to do when I get home is spend more time on the computer. My computer is in the spare bedroom which isn't even on the same floor of our home. Plus, I have two little kids to chase around when I get home at night. I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of the thing. Recently, though, I've been working on Bethany's first year book. I've borrowed my friends non-computerized tool and as much as I appreciate it, it just doesn't compare to the computer version. So, I've been looking and reading lots of information about the different tools. And, I've made up my mind, thanks to this very detailed machine comparison sheet I found online. I really, really want the one that is out of my price range. Like $200 more than I have saved up. It does so much more plus the program that it uses is so versatile. But because of my lack of funds, I would have to get the other one. Still a good machine, just not want I want. I so feel like a child who thinks I have to have a certain one. I just want to throw a fit to get the one I want.

So, here's the current debate going on in my own head. Get the cheaper one (I'd right the names of them to simplify but don't want people to google the name and read my worthless info) and then later wish that I'd gotten the other. And spend the extra money to add the program from the expensive one too it. Or, wait a few months and hope and pray that I can get a cash award for a contest I'm entering at work and buy the more expensive one. Wouldn't that be sweet?!?! I'm not a patient person so we'll see if I wait the 6 weeks to find out if I get the cash. I just want it know so I can make Bethany's book all pretty! Grr.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I really like my Wishblade, but you knew that. I have heard that the Gazelle & the ScrapSavvy will cut through more stuff and do 12x12 sheets- which would be great! I don't think there's much difference in price, either. So I'd go with one of the bigger ones.

DO not get the Cricuit that requires cartriges. You will spend more money in the long run.

Ashley said...

My friend Amy just bought one (after much thought like you) and loves it. And I love playing on it too. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Very cool!!!