21 February 2006

Pictures


I just want to show off a new baby. Eli Allen was born to Lori and Allen Hetteen on February 13th. Eli has twin sisters that are two years old. I haven't talked to Lori yet but from what I know she had a short and bearable labor. But after all the drama with the twins two years ago, Lori deserved to have it easy. The twins had Twin to Twin Deficiency Syndrome and were born at 28 weeks gestation. Meantime while that drama was happening, Allen was serving in the gulf and wasn't able to be there. Thinking of all that, I'm so glad to see a picture with the whole family and several healthy babies! Congrats to the Hetteens!


This is my friend Becky with her man, Greg and their little guy, Ryan. Becky and I go way back. Lots of my childhood memories include her. Things like setting the ranch on fire, driving other people's cars when we were way too young, eating lots of pizza, etc. We lived down the street from each other and were inseperable. People thought we were twins and we were often confused for each other. Later in high school we went our seperate ways. I think I talked to her once during my college years. In those years, Becky really struggled with life. And I spent hours upon hours (but not enough) praying for her. A few years back I was in CA for work and took a few days off to go home. I caught up with Becky and she shared her story. I was home again in Dec/Jan for my brother's wedding and we got together again. Only this time we both had kids. And when we walked into Salazar's to eat, the waitress asked us if we were sisters. It was a blast from the past. Anyway, Becky was a dear friend for much of my growing up years. I do love her like a sister. And I'm so glad she has her life back on track!

2 comments:

momma of 2 said...

That's wonderful that your friends labor went well - she does deserve that - and from what I am told she will think this one is a breeze - especially after having twins! Will keep them in thoughts and prayers for all things good.

I am glad the story of your friend has a happy ending.

Kristin said...

Thanks be to God and Power of Prayer!!