14 February 2006

I am alive

[wow]
Life is good. Crazy but good. I’ve been swamped at the office which means that I’m mentally and physically exhausted by time I get home. Some people that I deal with at the counter and on the phone distract me from my work to assist them with theirs. I enjoy helping others but sometimes they could answer their own simple questions with a little thought. I’m no genius but they sometimes make me feel that way. Then my farmers at the counter can be such jerks, but entertaining jerks! I always get a good laugh that people get their chones in a bunch when they don’t get the answer they want. They forget that we are a customer service, government regulated, agency. It won’t always go according to their perfect plan. And although they may be receiving thousands of dollars in assistance for “farming”, they don’t seem to appreciate it at all. It’s fun though – seriously I get a good laugh out of their selfish attitudes most the time. So, anyway, by time I leave the office, my head and eyes hurt from straining my eyes on the computer and I’m whipped. Of course I have to stop and pick up my most precious little guy on the way home. I usually stay for a while to chat with mom&Ralph, watch a little news, feed Scott and steal a few cookies before I head home.

[will you be our valentine?]
I invited 11 ladies from church from church to be our valentine. Mom and I are making spaghetti & meatballs, an awesome green salad, french bread and a couple of desserts. Not a fancy meal but I wanted something basic that everyone will eat. I found out yesterday morning that one of the ladies can't have the sauce. Grr. Nine of the ladies are coming - 2 have never married, one is divorced and the rest are widows. I remember very well the year that I was solo after my relationship was over with "road pizza" and how lonely I felt. I don't want these ladies to feel lonely this year. SO, I planned my night for them. Last night, I set up the dining room for the meal. I have the table leaves in and my linen table cloth on. I set out the china, folded my linen napkins all fancy and put crystal candle sticks as centerpieces. The table is so long that I have 3 small groupings. I also put together little goodie bags for the ladies with chocolate, conversation hearts, etc for them to take home. The baggies are sitting on the dinner plates and add some bright color to the china. I’m super excited for tonight although I’m bummed about Julie. Julie is a young widow, her husband had a heart attack and died ~5 years ago. She’s not coming and says she just can handle holidays like this, it just hurts too much. So, be thinking of people like Julie and other lonely singles this Valentine’s Day.

[UPS man]
I’m hoping the UPS man comes to the office super early today. He usually shows up between 330 and 4pm and I’m leaving around 2pm today. Ryan said something is arriving UPS today for me and I so don’t want to miss it.

[weight for a weenie]
So, I’ve been working out for 3 weeks or more. And last Friday was the first day I was able to put weight on the bar during bench press. I feel like such a weenie but Ryan reminds me that I’ve never worked out before. So, I’m finally beyond the 45lb. bar and have added a whole 5 lbs. Yesterday we worked our legs. And I was such a weenie with squats. They really bother my hips. I asked the doc about it and he said that it takes 18-24 months for a woman’s hips to go back into place after having a baby. He encouraged me to go lightly on the squats. I’m frustrated with that though because I’d love to be competitive with Michelle for lifting weights and I can’t even begin to try with squats.

[scott]
Happy 7 month birthday to my little guy. Happy Valentine’s too!



[scott redfern]
Last week I mentioned my buddy Scott who died when we were young pups. There is so much to that story that I didn't share. And when I get a chance, I want to write some more down. But for today, I just wanna share pictures that my dad sent me of his memorial plaque at Immanuel High School. They just moved the plaque and dad took the pictures before the glue dried, here they are:
(click for a larger image)

4 comments:

jerelyn said...

Scott is getting so big! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

momma of 2 said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

How sweet that you are doing that for those ladies... I am sure they will appreciate it.

Farmers...lol at this - I am a farmers daughter, and granddaughter... My Aunt works in a comparable office and she says the same thing... thankfully my dad is no longer farming, but my uncles and Grandpa are still a pain in your offices' but...(not yours but your general office...that doesn't make sense sorry)....

Have a great day - take it easy - your doctor is right - it takes time for you body to get back to normal..now I am off to rescue the dog - she is stuck in Hubby Sweatshirt...

Anonymous said...

Have a happy v-day Tammy!!!

PS - It smells like someone is almost 26! ;-p Old woman!

Ashley said...

i would LOVE to be your valentine and have spaghetti!!!